CANDLE BAR - EVENT HOST
QUICK JOB SUMMARY
- COMPANY: NaturalAnnie Essentials
- LOCATION: We are currently based in Bridgeport, CT
- JOB TYPE: Part-Time, Contract
- SCHEDULE: Rotating schedules
- PAY: $18 per hour
TRAINING: Training provided
NaturalAnnie Essentials is a lifestyle brand. We create tropical inspired home fragrances with a feel-good vibe! Our non-toxic natural soy candles fill your home with vibrant scents, lift your mood and make you want to escape to a tropical place.
Our Candle Bar is an extension of the NaturalAnnie Essentials brand. Our “Sip & Pour” candle making experience allows guests to come into our studio to gather, create new experiences, and learn the art of candle making in a fun/relaxed atmosphere. At our Sip & Pour events our goal is simply to give you a space to make candles, sip wine, socialize and have fun!
We are seeking part time event hosts over 21 years old to take ownership of our in person candle making experience.
At NaturalAnnie Essentials we take pride in creating the ultimate candle making experience for our guests. Our guests usually come to us to party, learn a new craft, celebrate special occasions (birthdays, bachelorette parties, bridal showers etc) and it is your job to ensure they have an unforgettable experience.Our events are about creating lasting memories while learning a new fun craft.
You will lead a group of 5-26 guests per event independently, walking them step by step through the 1.5 hours candle making process. You will have assistance for events with more than 10 guests.
During each event you will assist guests in selecting their fragrances and help them make their own candles and wax melts. You will also promote & upsell our store products.
Ultimately we are looking for someone to bring a high energy to each session and can work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to lead a session on your own and take ownership of each session
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, High school diploma required
- Must be 21 years or older
- Must be available nights and/or weekends
- Must be able to stand on your feet for long periods of time
- Must be able to set up, and clean candle bar after each session- restroom included
- Must have experience working in a fast paced environment
EVENT SESSIONS SETUP / BREAKDOWN RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDES BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Setup the candle bar for the # of booked guest ensuring everything is set prior to guests arrival
- Greet, seat and check-in guests
- Help guests setup food if necessary
- Command guests attention to give instructions
- Clean candle pots and shot glasses once candles and wax melts are poured
- Lead candle trivia/ candle care discussion / and review requests before guests leave
- Clean up the candle bar area after each event- ensure all trays, pots, shot glasses etc.are clean
- Ensure the bathroom is clean
- Restock candle jar shelves
Set up the candle bar for the next event
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal person for this job is fun, outgoing and usually the life of the party!
- You are reliable
- You are attentive! You can read the room and know when someone is not having a good time
- You are a team player
- You can manage and is not afraid to command a crowd
- You can give detailed instructions
- You can think on your feet quickly
- You can sell and upsell
- You are organized
- You are dependable
- You are friendly & personable
- You are well spoken
- You are professional
- You are not shy
- You are happy to serve others
We expect you to:
- Always make a great first impression- the customer experience is always priority and we do not take this lightly
- Take ownership and pride in what you do
- Lead each session with lots of fun, humor and excitement
- Quick on your feet and solution oriented
- Always have a positive attitude towards guests and your team
- Manage each session in a timely manner. Stay on the 1.5 hour event timeline
- Flexible hours
- Promotion and growth opportunity
- Staff discounts
- Tips from each session
- You get to work in a fun environment that also smells amazing!
Please email your resume to email@example.com letting us know why you would like to work at our candle bar.
The subject of your email should be PART TIME EVENT HOST