Mom-life is exhausting! Whether you’re the mom to one child or five, single or coupled, working outside the home or filling your day with the revolving tasks of keeping a house, being the caretaker of little humans depletes reserves most of us didn’t even know we had. Mom’s night out is not just a cute idea for a gathering of women. It’s a matter of survival (for the entire family)!
Many of us know how well wine and candles go together. (Think bubble baths and romance.) But have you thought about wine and candle making? If not, then prepare to be convinced. There are many great reasons to visit a candle bar. Plus, your friends will see how cool and not-cliche you are when you suggest candle-making as an outing.
Here are the top 7 reasons to grab that bottle of wine and head to the Candle Bar:
1. The first and most obvious reason is time away from your children! At the candle making bar, there won’t be children clinging to you, whining about hunger, or crying because the toe of their sock is crooked and they can’t fit all their legos in their pocket!
2. Depending on the relationship, you may be more excited about getting time away from your partner. If you’re single, you’ve been doing the work of two and double need this time off.
3. A chance to hang out with your friends. A lot of parents make social connections through their children’s friends. We sometimes hang out with other parents just because our children like each other. It’s important to foster other relationships as well. Or at least hang with those parents without the chaos of double the children.
4. A place to drink wine and not be judged. Wine isn’t allowed at PTO meetings and soccer games. Desperate moms all over the country are filling reusable water bottles and travel tea mugs with the sweet nectar of sanity because openly drinking a glass of wine in these settings is frowned upon. But not at the candle bar! Here, helping yourself relax and unwind is strongly encouraged.
5. No dancing is required! This will be a relief to some and a bummer to others. But hey, if you want to shake it while making your candle, or get down to the latest TikTok dance trends you’re welcome to do so. For those horrified by the thought of having to get out on the dance floor and try to execute moves you learned twenty years ago or saw on TikTok, you’re safe here.
6. The fulfillment of being productive. It’s hard sometimes to turn off that productivity meter (that’s partly what the wine is for). Spending time at the candle bar not only means a fun and relaxing time but taking home a self-made candle can also help you feel good about your time away, and hey, it's also proof to your partner that you didn't just drink wine all night at talked about them with your mom friends.
7. Home and in bed by 10. For those who boo this idea, may I suggest attending your local hot spot or late-night restaurant after the candle bar? But if you’re like many moms who think ahead to the following day when your family has long since forgotten about Mom’s night out and is spiraling headfirst into all that needs attending, you’ll appreciate the reasonable bedtime.
Moms need and deserve breaks, too, a relaxing, fun experience away from the needs of family and the chaos of bars and restaurants. NaturalAnnie Essentials Candle Bar located in Bridgeport, Connecticut is a unique place to relax and have fun with friends. Wine, candle making, good friends, and laughs are great ways to take that night off.
To book your next mom's night out, check out our calendar here for availability and round up the moms! Private parties are also available for groups of 10+ if you just want to hang out with your group of mom friends - inquire about a private party here.